Finding the most effective CBD dosage can be a frustrating process if you are not well informed. Who do you turn to in order to determine if your CBD oil is effective? Everybody can have a different reaction to the same dose of CBD oil and different symptoms or health issues can also dramatically affect the dose requirement. For example did you know that chronic pain can be treated with a little as 2.5 mg of CBD oil, but some patients with schizophrenia use over a 1,000 mg a day? That is a huge variation! Even for patients treating the same ailment, there can be a significantly large variations in dosage depending on body type and severity.
There are a myriad of factors to take into consideration when starting your daily CBD treatment routine. If you are lucky enough to live in an area where CBD treatment is completely accepted by traditional medical practitioners, it’s recommended to speak directly with your doctor to work out the perfect dosage. However, because CBD treatment is so new, doctors may not feel comfortable discussing its health benefits. Many of us are relying on guesswork, website forums and semi-informed friends to work out the right CBD dosage.
Thankfully, there is reliable information available on how to determine an effective dosage for your body type and personal situation. First, it is recommended to follow the idea of “less-is-more” when it comes to CBD oil. By starting out with a small daily dose and slowly increasing it over time you’ll be able to safely determine an effective amount. It also helps avoid over-dosing and wasting valuable product. Second, patience and time are very important factors. Because CBD is an all-natural, plant derived product, it will not always offer the instantaneous fix that many of us have become accustomed to from modern day pharmaceuticals. For some it may take a period of days or weeks to find the effective dose and begin to reap the significant health benefits.
A Quick Guide to Effective CBD Oil Dosage
The information on effective CBD oil treatment can seem very muddled, with too many voices in the mix. Producers, patients, doctors, researchers, and many more are all crowding the field with their ideas on how much to use and when. Trying to work out the perfect dosage for your particular condition is a uniquely personal process. By hollowing the basic guidelines laid out below, patients can begin the process of determining the correct dosage for their specific situation.
- How do you want to consume the CBD Oil? CBD comes in a wide variety of consumables: capsules, tinctures, sprays and other products. It also comes in a variety of strengths. Determine your preference.
- Consider other medications you are taking. Although CBD has little to no reported side effects even when taken in higher dosages, you should consider any other medications which could be affected with CBD treatment. Cannabidiol deactivates an enzyme called cytochrome P450, that manages how your body metabolizes THC, this deactivation can also affect how the body metabolizes other pharmaceutical medications. If you are worried about possible complications in relation to other medications, you can safely ask your doctor if eating grapefruit will interact with your medications. A compound found within grapefruit deactivates the same enzyme as CBD, and therefore is a good indication on whether CBD will have a similar effect. Lower the CBD dosage if necessary.
- What are you treating? Determining proper dosage is largely based on what symptoms you are treating. See below for some specific dosage recommendations for common illnesses or symptoms.
- Always start with the lowest recommended dosage! Because CBD treatments are so personalized, starting off with a lower dosage and slowly increasing over time is important. Every body type and health issue is unique, and as such everyone will react differently to the treatment. Every brand of CBD oil will have their own standard recommended dosage, just as different health issues will also have a recommended dosage. By taking both suggestions into consideration, and starting low, you can slowly increase at a steady and healthy pace until effects are noticeable.
- Patience. Time is a very important factor in determining perfect CBD dosage. As you slowly increase the daily CBD treatment, make sure to do so extremely slowly. Keep the same dosage for several days before increasing because sometimes CBD takes time to produce noticeable effects. If you are taking it in conjunction with THC, begin with a low dose especially if you have little or no experience with cannabis.
Treatment Specific Suggestions
All the recommendations described below are very rough guidelines. Everyone needs to develop their own case specific treatment plan, and do so through thorough incremental increases until the desired benefits appear. With this in mind, here are some suggestions to consider when targeting specific issues.
Insomnia and Sleep Disorders: 40 to 160 mg daily.
Multiple Sclerosis: Typically in conjunction with THC therapy, via mouth spray. Begin
with a lower THC to CBD ratio, and increase as is comfortable. Continue for up to 15
Schizophrenia: 40 to 1,280 mg daily. Continue for up to 4 weeks.
Chronic Pain: 2.5 to 20 mg daily. Continue for up to 25 days.
RELATED: CBD Dosage for Pain: How to Find Your Sweet Spot
Epilepsy: 200-300 mg daily. Continue for up to 4.5 months.
Restrictive Movement (ex: Parkinson’s and Huntington’s Disease): 10 mg per
kilogram. Continue for up to 6 weeks.
Appetite in Cancer Patients: 1 mg daily in conjunction with 2.5 mg of THC. Continue for up to 6 weeks.
RELATED: CBD Oil Cancer Dosage
Share and get 15% off!
Simply share this product on one of the following social networks and you will unlock 15% off!