CBD Benefits Chart: How CBD Helps You Live a Healthier Life
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a cannabinoid commonly extracted from the hemp plant. CBD has been shown to have many benefits, including reducing anxiety and inflammation, relieving pain, and even helping with sleep.
In this article, we will look at the CBD benefits chart which will help explain exactly how CBD works, and the various ways it can help you live a healthier life!
Here are some of the topics we will cover:
- What is CBD and how does it work?
- What are the benefits of CBD oil and how can they help you specifically?
- How do you take CBD oil and what are the dosage guidelines for optimal results?
- What are the side effects of CBD oil?
- Are there any drug-interactions when taking CBD oil along with other medications or supplements?
- How long will it take before you see results from using CBD oil and what should you expect?
- Where is the best place to buy quality CBD oil products and what should you look for when making your purchase?
1. What is CBD and how does it work?
CBD is a cannabinoid found in the Cannabis sativa plant, a cannabis plant that has been used for centuries for its medicinal and psychoactive properties. 
The Cannabis sativa plant has different species and CBD is specifically extracted from the hemp plant, a form of the Cannabis sativa plant that contains only small amounts of THC (Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol).
This means that CBD is a non-psychoactive compound and will not get you high.
THC on the other hand is a psychoactive compound, meaning it will get you high. However, it is extracted from an entirely different species of the Cannabis sativa plant, commonly known as the marijuana plant.
RELATED: CBD 101
CBD works with your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) by stimulating cannabinoid receptors. This stimulation helps to regulate bodily functions such as pain, inflammation, and sleep.
CBD oil could also help to improve the overall health of the endocannabinoid system by boosting its production of endocannabinoids.
RELATED: How CBD Works?
2. What are the benefits of CBD oil and how can they help you specifically?
Many CBD studies have shown an array of health benefits that could help you live a healthier life. Some benefits of CBD may include: 
- Reducing anxiety and stress 
- Helping to fight depression
- Regulating moods
- Combating insomnia
- Reducing chronic pain
- Alleviating symptoms of arthritis
- Helping to improve cardiovascular health
- Reducing inflammation throughout the body
- Suppressing nausea and vomiting
- Enhancing the immune system
The endocannabinoid system, which is a crucial component of human and animal health and healing, is the reason CBD and other hemp-derived compounds work so well for so many.
As explained before, the endocannabinoid system is a central regulatory system that affects a wide range of biological processes like the immune system, nervous system, and all of the body’s organs. 
Another interesting fact about CBD is that it can actually counteract the psychoactivity of THC found in cannabis. 
RELATED: CBD Vs. THC
3. How do you take CBD oil and what are the dosage guidelines for optimal results?
CBD products can be taken in many forms, including orally—through a tincture or swallowed as capsules—or applied topically as a skin cream or balm.
CBD tinctures are a popular way to take CBD because they are easy to consume and the CBD is absorbed quickly.
Traditional CBD tinctures are taken sublingually, which means that the CBD is placed under the tongue and held there for a few seconds before swallowing. This allows the CBD to be absorbed quickly into the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system.
Liposomal CBD tinctures are also a popular way to take CBD, especially if you don’t like the taste of CBD oil. You simply mix them with a little bit of juice or water and drink them.
Backed by studies, their unique liposomal encapsulation protects them from the defenses in your stomach that would normally break down nutrients, making the liposomal CBD up to 17x more bioavailable, so more of the nutrients are absorbed into your system. 
CBD capsules are similar to vitamins or supplements capsules and can be swallowed with water.
They are easy to carry and discrete to take, making them a good option for people wanting to take CBD in a more traditional "pill" form, or even on the go. They also provide a pre-measured dose of CBD, so you will be sure to get the same amount of CBD each time you take one. (Click to tweet)
Plus, the latest forms of CBD capsules are available in liposomal form, so the nutrients are protected, thus increasing absorption rates!
CBD topicals are applied directly to the skin for localized relief.
CBD has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities, which is why it is now also used in a variety of skincare products. It is also the most straightforward way to help ease the discomfort of achy muscles and joints.
RELATED: All about CBD Skincare
The topical CBD balm or lotion penetrates the sebaceous gland via the hair follicles. The activation of cannabinoid receptors, once CBD is absorbed, aids to increase the soothing effects of other well-known pain relievers.
Because CBD absorption from topicals does not extend much beyond the sebaceous gland, you must use a significant amount of the topical to achieve the desired impact.
As far as dosage is concerned, we recommend you follow these guidelines:
- Always start with a lower dose than what is recommended on the CBD products' label, and see how your body responds before increasing the amount.
- Give it at least a few days to work...
- Keep a close eye on your emotions, energy levels, and cravings. Make sure to get enough sleep and see if you have any reactions to other medications. Our best suggestion is to keep a journal.
- If no effects are felt, increase the dosage and start the process again from step 2.
4. What are the side effects of CBD oil?
Based on the growing body of research, CBD oil is safe to use in most circumstances. There are no known reports of CBD overdoses or deadly complications. 
In very few cases, people have found that CBD can cause mild drowsiness, dry mouth, or dizziness.
It is also comforting to know that CBD does not produce a high or intoxication, and there is no evidence that it is addictive.
5. Are there any drug-interactions when taking CBD oil along with other medications or supplements?
CBD may interact with other prescribed drugs. It's important to consult with your physician before taking CBD if you're currently taking other medications or supplements. 
Some of the most common CBD-drug interactions include:
- CBD increases the levels of other medications in the blood. This could lead to increased side effects or overdose.
- CBD may interfere with the way other medications are metabolized, which could lead to decreased effectiveness or adverse reactions.
- CBD can inhibit the absorption of other medications taken orally.
- CBD can increase the sedative effects of other medications.
6. How long will it take before you see results from using CBD oil and what should you expect?
The time it takes to see results from CBD oil depends on a number of factors, including the severity of the condition you are taking CBD for, the dosage, and your physiology.
Most people find that they need to use CBD oil for at least a few weeks before they start to see any changes.
It is important to start with a low dose of CBD oil and increase gradually over time, however, consistency is key! So don't give up if you are not feeling anything. Continue taking it every day and keep a journal of how you are feeling to gauge its results. (Click to tweet)
7. Where is the best place to buy quality CBD oil products and what should you look for when making your purchase?
There are many places to buy CBD oil, but it is important to make sure you are buying a high-quality product from a reputable source.
When looking for CBD oil, be sure to check the following:
Where is it made?
Hemp pulls toxins from the ground so it is important to make sure that it is organically grown in nutrient-rich soil.
Is the CBD oil full spectrum or an isolate?
Full spectrum CBD oil contains all of the compounds found naturally in the hemp plant, including CBD, terpenes, flavonoids, and essential fatty acids. CBD isolate is a pure CBD molecule with no other active compounds.
What extraction method is used?
CO₂ extraction is the industry standard for CBD oil production as it preserves the beneficial compounds in the plant while removing unwanted ones.
CBD oil can be extracted with either CO₂ or ethanol. Ethanol is cheaper but produces a lower quality product. CO₂ extraction is more expensive but results in a higher quality product.
Is it third-party lab tested and are the results easily accessible?
All reputable CBD companies will have their products lab tested by a third party to ensure safety and quality. These test results should be easily accessible on the company's website.
Is the amount of CBD (mg/portion) clearly stated?
Always look for how much CBD is in each bottle and portion. If someone is pushing percentages, it's a good indication to stay away from that product since they're probably trying to sell you less effective CBD isolates.
Do they show their reviews? Can you see what others are saying about them?
A tried-and-true method of determining a company's credibility is by scouting for online customer reviews and investigating the company info pages on their website.
With less regulation surrounding CBD than other supplements, it's important to ensure you're putting your trust in a company that has your best interests at heart instead of one that just wants your money.
In conclusion, CBD oil has many benefits that can help you live a healthier life.
CBD oil can help reduce anxiety and inflammation, relieve pain, and even help with sleep. CBD oil is a versatile product that can be taken orally or applied topically, and it is important to follow the dosage guidelines for optimal results. (Click to tweet)
CBD oil has few known side effects, but some people may experience mild drowsiness, dry mouth, or dizziness when taking CBD oil. If any adverse reactions occur, stop taking CBD oil and consult your physician.
You can purchase CBD oil from many places, but be sure to look for a high-quality product from a reputable source. CBD oil is a useful product with many benefits, and it can be an excellent addition to your overall wellness routine. (Click to tweet)
Thanks for reading! We hope this CBD benefits chart has been helpful.
If you have any additional questions about CBD or want more personalized guidance on finding the right CBD products for your needs, our team at SOL CBD is always happy to help!
- https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpls.2016.00019/full#h2 – Section on Health Benefits Linked to Cannabinoids